Doctors and scientists all across the globe are spreading awareness about the possible health benefits of CBD oil. Before learning the medical benefits of it, let us understand what CBD oil all about is. Cannabis sativa is the scientific name of marijuana plant or cannabis plant, which is the source of CBD oil or cannabidiol oil. The plant mainly consists of two active chemical compound CBD and delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Though it is coming from the marijuana plant, CBD doesn’t produce any intoxicating or harmful effect as if it has natural protection against marijuana.
What kind of common problems do people suffer nowadays? Stress, cigarette addiction, diabetes, acne, multiple sclerosis and the recent most disease getting spread like wildfire – Cancer. Medical science and research prove that CBD oil has a potential use in this treatment. Let’s see some of the use.
1. Anxiety relief: CBD first and foremost helps to release stress. Research shows that it changes the brain receptor’s response to serotonin, a chemical linked to mental health. A study found that a 600mg dose of CBD helped people with social anxiety. Not only does it reduces stress, also it decreases physiological effects of anxiety such as increased heart rate and improving symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
2. Neuroprotective: CBD helps people with neurodegenerative disorders. These are a particular kind of diseases that cause the brain and nerves to deteriorate by time. Diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s disease are some of them. Also, CBD reduces inflammation and the antipsychotic benefits provide a stable mental environment to the patients.
3. Crohn’s Disease: Some scientists believe that bowel diseases like Crohn’s Disease could be effectively treated by CBD since it can control gut function in the body. The components of cannabis provide a relief effect to those suffering from this condition.
4. Pain relief: The most common kind of pains Arthritis, chronic pain, muscle pain and spinal cord injuries could be easily treated by Nabiximols (Sativex), multiple sclerosis drugs made from a combination of TCH and CBD, due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
5. Cancer treatment: It is true that cancer has no treatment till now but CBD prevents cancer from spreading. It is used as the preventive measure during the first stage. Due to its antitumor effect, CBD decreases tumor cell in leukemia and colon cancer by killing cancer cells with the help of lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cells. It blocks CPR55 signaling thus decreasing cancer cell proliferation. Cannabinoids also serve as an effective tool in combination therapy for breast and prostate cancer.
6. Diabetes: Diabetes has become a common problem in every family. Direct treatment of CBD in diabetes is not found but CBD prevents the production of IL-12 by splenocytes.
7. Cigarette Addiction: In a research held, 24 smokers were chosen to take either an inhaler of CBD oil. Participants were asked to take a puff every time they want to smoke. Over the week, each of them noticed nearly 40 percent drop in their intake. Using the inhaler decreased the number of cigarettes without increasing they crave for nicotine, thus showing Cannabidiol, an important preventive measure for cigar withdrawal process.
8. Acne: CBD provides a good treatment for acne and acts as a highly effective anti-inflammatory agent by inhibiting lipid synthesis. It was recently published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation and the National Institute of Health regarding the use of CBD. Researchers used cannabis-derived Cannabidiol on the human sebaceous glands.